Stuttgart Sign Shinji Okazaki

Posted by admin on Sunday 30 January 2011

The Japanese forward arrives in the Bundesliga.
VfB Stuttgart have signed Japanese striker Shinji Okazaki on a free transfers from Shimuzu S-Pulse.

The 24-year-old forward has scored 21 times in 38 appearances for his national team, thus catching the eye of the Bundesliga strugglers.

Okazaki has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal at the Mercedes-Benz-Arena, and will arrive at his new club on Friday.

The player told Stuttgart's official website, "I hope that I can contribute a lot to this team. I feel that my strengths are my ability to run, and in front of goal.

"In recent months I've felt a lot of stress, but another strength of mine is that I'm very resilient. I just need a few days to turn off, and then I'll be back in great condition.

"I know that the Bundesliga is a very physical, very high-level league. I'm looking forward to this challenge."

Okazaki scored three goals at the 2011 Asian Cup in Qatar, which Japan won by beating Australia in extra-time in the final.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment