Emmanuel Eboue Confident Of Success As Arsenal Look To Win First Trophy In Six Years

Posted by admin on Saturday 29 January 2011

Ivorian believes this may be a 'special season' for the Gunners.
Emmanuel Eboue has vowed to help Arsenal all he can to ensure they bring success to the Emirates faithful this season.

The Ivory Coast international has been used mainly from the bench for Arsene Wenger’s side this campaign and made a useful impact on Tuesday when he deputised for Bacary Sagna who left the field after sustaining a head injury against Ipswich in the League Cup semi-final.

"I have this team in my heart, in fact it does not matter if I don't play, I still want us to win from the bottom of my heart," said Eboue.

The Ivorian is set to start against Huddersfield on Sunday in the Gunners FA Cups fourth-round tie at the Emirates Stadium, as Wenger looks to keep injuries to a minimum as his side continue their push for silverware in four competitions.

Eboue is now a favourite amongst the Arsenal supporters, having won over supporters after a poor performance against Wigan in 2008. The 27-year old is confident the team can bring trophies back to north London after a six year drought.

"This is a team that can win something, for sure. If we continue to play our football and with confidence the side has, I certainly believe that," he added.

"I will be ready to give everything I can to try to make this season something special."

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment